Unlimited Tablet, the comprehensive, flat-rate e-magazine service,
massively upgraded on June 19.
The first in all-you-can-read service with "Share feelings!'
and " 'Read' + 'Find'!" functions
Tokyo (June 19, 2015) - OPTiM (TSE Mothers: 3694), a leading provider of business-related applications for smart devices, proudly announces that it has made a major upgrade to Unlimited Tablet. With this version upgrade, OPTiM is the first※1 to provide customers with new values and a new way of enjoying e-magazines, merging publication and communication on the theme, "Share feelings!" and "'Read' + 'Find'!"
■About "Share feelings!"
～ A "Word-of-mouth feature" enabling linking with social media such as Twitter and Facebook. ～
categorizing feelings about articles after reading, such as "It was fun," "I wanna go there," etc., into four kinds of themes. (Patent pending) Also, it allows feelings to be easily shared with stickers that can be put on an interesting article※2.
■About " 'Read' + 'Find'!"
～ A "Search feature" enabling full-text search of all pages across all magazine※3 ～
A new way of enjoying magazines is possible by quickly searching for interesting contents in a vast amount of articles, and finding articles about topics of interest, such as entertainers or cafés, from various magazines.
■About "Communication cycle focused on magazines"
～ Delivering desired information among valuable contents to users ～
Based upon the concept of a communication cycle focused on magazines, desirable information among valuable dormant content in magazines will be delivered to users.
In addition, because general Internet users can search at the Unlimited Tablet portal site on the web using a PC, you can even inform such users who are not utilizing "Unlimited Tablet" of existing valuable contents.
This upgrade affects the following features.
■New features of "Unlimited Tablet"
|Search feature||Supports search by publication title and body||This feature is provided as β version. Continuous feature improvements will be made.|
Supports word-of-mouth submission on specific articles (page-by-page basis)
|Social media linking feature||Linking with Twitter / Facebook regarding Word-of-mouth feature||-|
|Portal site for Unlimited Tablet||
Supports following features at the portal site
・Listing of all magazines
・Listing of newly-arrived magazines
・Listing of rankings
|Resume feature||Supports magazine browsing resume feature when changing to another app||In case of Android™ version, this feature had already been supported since version 1.2.3.|
|Ranking feature||Supports a ranking by number of browses and a ranking by number of words-of-mouth||-|
■What is Unlimited Tablet, the world’s first comprehensive, flat-rate e-magazine service?
The newly-updated Unlimited Tablet is the world’s first※4 flat-rate, comprehensive e-magazine service※5. With its motto of “Whenever, Wherever, Effortlessly,” the JPY500 per month※6 service includes an all-you-can-read magazine service with 522 issues※7, a device warranty service, a family-shared camera service, a cloud storage service, and a net printing service. Unlimited Tablet was developed using OPTiM’s boundary-stretching technologies, which the company has cultivated through its long-time management of business-related smart devices, and the know-how acquired through their smart device management platform. The result is a service that’s secure and easy to use. Moreover, a user can use this service on his/her tablet and smartphone with just one account, which equates to unparalleled convenience -- for instance, a user can use it on her smartphone during the morning commute, and on her tablet at home.
- The 522 popular magazine issues include a diverse selection of business and personal topics such as economics, entertainment, fashion, food, home design, travel, and sports. Users can read the back issues anytime, anywhere, as many times as they want. And once the magazine is downloaded, it can be read offline. Plus, unlike some other e-magazine services which only allow readers to view part of their content, with Unlimited Tablet you can read each magazine’s full content.※8
- By utilizing the "Search feature" in the Unlimited Tablet app or at the Unlimited Tablet portal site for searching for interesting items or words, you can quickly access the related magazine pages.
- If you find an interesting article while browsing a magazine, you can share it with other Unlimited Tablet users by utilizing the "Word-of-mouth feature." You can also share word-of-mouth on Facebook or Twitter by using "Social media linking feature."
- The device warranty covers damage repair in the event of an accident.※9
- The family-shared camera service and cloud storage service allow users to share their pictures with family and friends. The photos are stored in the cloud, so they’re always accessible – even when a device breaks and a new one is purchased. Pictures can also be imported to a home computer.※10
- With the family camera app※11 that accompanies the family-shared camera service, users can print up to 15 pictures per month for free, including their own pictures or pictures taken by other smartphones and digital cameras.
・iPad : iOS 6.0 or later
・iPhone : iOS 7.0 or later, iPhone 5 or later
- Android™ device： Android™ 4.0 or later, and RAM with more than 1GB
For more information please visit Unlimited Tablet’s website, or search “Tabuho” in the App Store or Google Play™(Japanese stores only):
Unlimited Tablet powered by OPTiM official website：
|※1||As of June 19, 2015, based on the research by OPTiM.|
|※2||Sealing feature will be provided in July.|
|※3||Does not guarantee a complete capability to search all the text of all the pages.|
As of November 19, 2014, based on the research by OPTiM, regarding a comprehensive e-book service and covering the following search terms: “popular magazines all-you-can-read service”, “device warranty”, “family camera”, “cloud storage service”, and “net print service”. For more details, please visit:
|※5||Available services differ depending on purchase channel.|
|※6||Price may vary depending on sales partner.|
|※7||As of June 19, 2015. This number may change.|
|※8||In accordance with the publisher’s policy, some pages may not be viewable.|
Device warranty service is not available when purchasing at App Store or Google Play™. For details on device warranty service, please visit our product page:
|※10||This service is under development. To be announced on OPTiM’s website when available.|
|※11||iOS version and Android™ version will be provided.|
Based in Tokyo, Japan, OPTiM provides internet-based services that improve its clients’ interactions with technology in all aspects of daily life, "We make the net as simple as breathing."
Our services include Optimal Biz, a cloud device management service; Optimal Remote, a remote management service; Optimal Support, a setup support service; and the Unlimited content and software suite series.
※The corporate names and product names mentioned above are registered trademarks or trademarks.
※The iPhone, iPad and App Store name and logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and other countries.
※The iPhone trademark is used in accordance with AIPHONE Co. Ltd.'s license policy.
※IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the United States and other countries, and is used in accordance with Cisco's license policy.
※Android™ and Google Play™ are trademarks of Google Inc.
※The information presented in this press release is subject to change without notice.
For inquiries, please contact:
OPTiM Corporation Marketing/Promotion Team
TEL: 81-3-6435-8570 FAX: 81-3-6435-8560
E- Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlimited Tablet and Unlimited Smartphone (Unlimited Tablet) powered by OPTiM product page :